NYC parking ticket mistakes
I hate negativity, but…
Over the past several weeks, I’ve received numerous calls, comments, and complaints from the driving public expressing outrage at certain behavior of parking ticket warriors. It usually starts with, “Can you believe the nerve of these &*%! warriors for…” The problem is… the warriors were right.
Don’t make these parking ticket mistakes
- My car was towed. There was no warning sign, and I didn’t have any parking tickets in judgment. Larry’s reply: All of NYC is a tow away zone, and has been since 1959. There doesn’t have to be any notice or warning signs. Any time you park illegally, you risk a parking ticket and a tow
- I wasn’t parking, I was sitting in my car. Larry’s reply: Any time you halt your vehicle, even for a NY minute, you are stopping, standing and parking. You risk a parking ticket for any one of these three violations. By the way, the rules only permit one violation per NYC parking ticket. A warrior isn’t allowed to hedge her bets, and throw the parking rule book at you in the same parking ticket
- My parking ticket should be dismissed because the VIN# [or color, or year] was wrong. Larry’s reply: VIN#, color, and year of your vehicle’s birth are NOT required elements. Your parking ticket will not be dismissed for mistakes in entering these three non-required elements on your parking ticket
- In our neighborhood, the warriors [or police] permit us to double park on the non-restricted side of the street during ASP. Larry’s reply: I call this the “sleeping crocodile ploy.” It is NEVER, EVER legal to double park on the non-restricted side of the street during ASP. You are receiving a gift from the warriors or police. The big but is, the gift can be taken back any time, and you’ll receive the bill in the form of a NYC parking ticket. Beware of warriors bearing gifts.
- I thought it was a major legal holiday. Larry’s reply: You may wish to learn the difference in the parking rules for major legal and legal holidays. You’ll keep your hard earned dough where it belongs…In YOUR wallet.
Knowledge is Power
I promise you, if you learn the fundamentals of parking in NYC, you’ll significantly reduce your contribution to the DOF fundraiser. Please know:
- “The 3 No’s”
- When you can drop or pick-up people to the curb
- When you can drop or pick-up people and property to the curb
- When a bus stop ends
- The Fire Hydrant parking rule
- The invisible enemies
- The safety zone rule
- The difference between a legal an illegal pedestrian ramp
- The difference between a major legal and legal NYC parking ticket holiday
What am I missing?
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- 5 Parking Ticket Wishes the Evil Empire ShouldFulfill - October 23, 2017
- 5 Common Fire Hydrant Mistakes to Avoid at all Costs - October 17, 2017
- What Everybody Ought to Know about these Weird NYC Crosswalks - October 16, 2017