Pennsylvania guy gets bogus NYC parking ticket
Joe received a letter from the Evil Empire that his chariot got a double parking ticket in Queens. The riddle for Joe was that neither he nor his car ever visited NYC. Did Joe get scammed by a bogus NYC parking ticket?
Joe called the Evil Empire to fix this problem. He thought it would be easy. Nope. He was told that he had to fight the ticket and prove his car was not in NYC on the date and time the bogus NYC parking ticket was issued.
Here’s Joe’s story
Joe lives in rural Western Pennsylvania
Here are the defense certification and exhibits Joe filed online.
Massachusetts couple gets hit with a bogus NYC parking ticket
BOSTON – A local couple cited for a parking violation in Queens told 25 Investigates that New York City parking agents are trying to make them pay a bogus ticket – even though they have proof their car was hundreds of miles away at the time.
Here’s their story
It is time for the Evil Empire to admit they have a problem with bogus NYC parking tickets issued to out-of-state residents who never parked in our fair city. Where’s the justice? Where can an out-of-state victim of a bogus ticket find the proof she needs to persuade the Evil Empire to dismiss the ticket? Nowhere!
The Evil Empire does an excellent job providing information to the driving public about the NYC rules of the road and curb space.
- I can find defenses to the myriad parking violations in this excellent guide published by the PVB (Parking Violations Bureau). But, I can’t find anything about what proof to present to beat a bogus parking ticket
- I can find examples of excusable neglect to support my request for a hearing after judgment.
But, I can’t find any helpful information about the proof I need to persuade the Evil Empire that my car was not parked in NYC on a specific date and time
How is an out-of-stater supposed to dispute the bogus ticket?
- The Evil Empire publish a list of items they will accept as proof that a vehicle was not parked in NYC on a specific date and time
- The list of items be added to the excellent guide published by the PVB, Got Tickets?
- A Notice of Outstanding Violation contains a list of resources to dispute the ticket if a car was not parked in NYC on the date and time the ticket was issued
A driver consents to follow the rules of the road when they drive their chariot in NYC. NYC has jurisdiction when a driver is charged with violating a parking rule. However, NYC does not have jurisdiction when the car has never been in NYC. You’re taking money without any justification from a guy who lives in another state. Where’s the justice in that?
It is time to right this wrong.
In case you reside in NYC or drive regularly in our fair city, you may wish to know about crosswalks and stop lines. Knowledge is power and will save you from costly NYC parking tickets.
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- Time for Another 5-Question Parking Ticket Quickie Quiz - November 13, 2017
- Gotten a Bogus NYC Parking Ticket Lately? Read This - November 8, 2017
- 5 Parking Ticket Wishes the Evil Empire ShouldFulfill - October 23, 2017