Parking Ticket and Tow
John, a real nice guy, sent an email to us yesterday advising he was issued a parking ticket and his car was towed for parking in a space regulated by two signs on a gotcha pole (I really hate it when cars get towed). John sent us an excellent photograph of the gotcha pole, and asked:
“Is there any way to beat this ticket for no standing, so I can recover my tow tax”
I looked at the sign, hoping it would tell me its parking ticket Achilles heel. No such luck. After completing my deliberations, I advised John…
What would advise John?
Before I share my answer, take a couple of minutes and let us know your opinion:
- Does John have a reasonable shot at beating this evil orange epistle charging him with the parking crime of “NO Standing”
- Would you advise John to fight? If so, what defense do you suggest?
- Would you advise John to apply for a reduced fine, and lose any chance of recovering his tow tax?
Here’s John’s photo of the parking ticket crime scene
[Larry’s note: The red sign on the top says,”No standing anytime, with arrows pointing in both directions. The sign below says,”Night regulations” and the street cleaning sign’s time limits are 5A.M. to 7A.M. with arrows pointing in both directions.]
John needs your help. What would you advise?
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- Time for Another 5-Question Parking Ticket Quickie Quiz - November 13, 2017
- Gotten a Bogus NYC Parking Ticket Lately? Read This - November 8, 2017
- 5 Parking Ticket Wishes the Evil Empire ShouldFulfill - October 23, 2017