5 Steps that can be taken to enforce an NYC parking ticket judgment
You finish a terrific meal at a fabulous restaurant. You’re with a special friend and found free parking on the street. Life is wonderful as you take a leisurely stroll back to your car, until…
Where’s my car? I’m pretty sure that I parked here. My iPhone tells me I parked here. A terrible thought creeps into your mind. You have over $500 in unpaid NYC parking tickets in judgment. I didn’t fight the NYC parking tickets, I ignored them. Now my car is gone.
Has this ever happened to you, a family member, or friend?
If so, you won’t forget that feeling in your stomach. All over unpaid NYC parking tickets. We are asked by clients, what can NYC do to you if you ignore your parking tickets. Here’s the answer:
- Prevent your New York State registration renewal(s)
- Assign your debt to a collection agency
- Tow any vehicle registered in your name in New York City (which results in additional fees and expenses), as well as the possible auction of your vehicle
- Garnish your non-exempt wages where applicable by law
- Seize other non-exempt property in NYC belonging to you, including real estate and bank account(s)
One customer asks, “what if I no longer have the car that was ticketed, can they tow my new car registered in my name when I drive in NYC?” YES
Another customer asks, “I no longer live in NYC, can they still come after me?” YES
We strongly suggest that you do not ignore your NYC parking tickets. You’ll incur additional penalties, interest, and allow NYC to use the many tools at its disposal to enforce a judgment against you. We’d rather see you fight your NYC parking ticket and win!
Please comment. Your opinion matters!
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- 5 Parking Ticket Wishes the Evil Empire ShouldFulfill - October 23, 2017
- 5 Common Fire Hydrant Mistakes to Avoid at all Costs - October 17, 2017
- What Everybody Ought to Know about these Weird NYC Crosswalks - October 16, 2017