Imagine how our heroine felt receiving a letter in the mail from the NYC Department of Finance warning she has an outstanding NYC parking ticket about to go into judgment.The problem is the last time Susan visited NYC was in the year 2000. Susan’s car has never been to NYC.
Susan lives in Any Town, Pennsylvania, about 400+ miles as the car drives from the Queens neighborhood where her bogus parking ticket was issued. After the shock wore off, Susan thought to herself:
“No big deal. I’ll call the NYC DOF and straighten this right out.”
Our heroine is definitely not a native New Yorker.
NYC DOF advice to Susan
Susan is a woman of action. She picked up the telephone, called the DOF, and spoke to a very nice lady who was very forthcoming. This nice lady advised our heroine not to worry. Simply fight your parking ticket on line, and explain the parking ticket was issued by mistake. You were not in NYC on the date the ticket was issued.
Wow. How helpful was that! Susan followed this nice lady’s advice to a “T.” She disputed her parking ticket on line, where she is not able to offer any evidence in support of her defense. She simply informed the hearing officer this parking ticket was a mistake, and asked for a dismissal.
Susan asked for our help in fighting her bogus parking ticket. Below is a FREE download of the principal document we submitted to the NYC DOF to gain a reversal of the original decision, and Susan’s parking ticket dismissed.
Here are some take-a-ways from Susan’s story:
- Please do not take as gospel any advice you receive over the telephone from an unidentified voice at the DOF, or any City agency.
- Never, ever, under any circumstances fight a parking ticket on line!
- If you are issued a bogus NYC parking ticket, please take it very seriously. You have to work very hard to prove a negative. See how much information we provided the DOF in our principal appeal document, and supporting documents to win
- Be nice, even though you don’t feel nice
- You have one or two sentences to capture the attention of the appeals panel, and make them want to find in your favor. Use them wisely
- Kudos to the DOF Adjudication Unit Appeals Panel for righting this wrong!
Have you ever been issued one of these phantom, bogus, either mistake or fraudulent NYC parking tickets? What action did you take?
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- 5 Parking Ticket Wishes the Evil Empire ShouldFulfill - October 23, 2017
- 5 Common Fire Hydrant Mistakes to Avoid at all Costs - October 17, 2017
- What Everybody Ought to Know about these Weird NYC Crosswalks - October 16, 2017