There has been a recent spate of NYC parking ticket and tows…
Here are some frequently asked questions:
- Can my car be towed if I do not have any NYC parking tickets in judgment?
- YES. Since all NYC is a tow away zone, a parking ticket warrior has the authority to call for “Captain Hook” any time he/she issues a parking ticket
- What can happen to me and my chariot if I owe the city that never sleeps $101.00 in outstanding parking ticket judgments?
- Your car can be towed by the gendarmes, if you get a parking ticket (It’s called a “violation” tow)
- Will my car be towed if I park in NYC and have $350.00 in outstanding parking ticket judgments?
- You betcha! The city marshal and sheriff search for vehicles that have $350.00 or more in parking ticket judgments. If they find your vehicle, it will be towed
- Where can I find my vehicle, if it is towed by the NYPD?
- Here’s a link to the police pounds. Police Tow Pounds
- How can I find out if my vehicle has been towed?
- Call 311
- Call 212-New York (out-of-NYC)
- Locate your vehicle on line. Here’s a link. DOF: The Green Page
- After you land on the green page, click the first “GO”
- After you land, insert your plate number, insert a check in the tiny box next to “Has this vehicle been towed,” insert the correct data in the “State” and “Type” drop down menus, and click search
- Is there a page on the NYC DOT website that tells me what steps I have to take to redeem my chariot?
- YES. Click on this link. DOT how to redeem my towed vehicle
- Has Larry published any blog posts on this subject?
- Why does NYC tow my car?
Has your chariot ever been the victim of Captain Hook? Please share your experience. It’s how we learn!