Car towing in NYC has been on the rise
Here are some frequently asked questions about car towing in NYC
- Will my car be towed if I park in NYC and have $350.00 in outstanding parking ticket judgments?
- You betcha! The city marshal and sheriff search for vehicles that have $350.00 or more in parking ticket judgments. If they find your vehicle, it will be towed
- Where can I find my vehicle, if it is towed by the N.Y.P.D?
- How can I find out if my vehicle has been towed?
- Call 311
- Call 212-New York (out-of-NYC)
- Locate your vehicle on line. Here’s a link…“Find a Towed Vehicle”
- What can happen to me and my chariot if I owe the city that never sleeps $101.00 in outstanding parking ticket judgments?
- Your car can be towed by the police department, if you get a parking ticket (It’s called a “violation” tow)
- Has Larry published any blog posts on this subject?
- Why does NYC tow my car?
- Can my car be towed if I do not have any NYC parking tickets in judgment?
- YES. Since all NYC is a tow away zone, a parking ticket warrior has the authority to call for “Captain Hook” any time he/she issues a parking ticket (NYC has been classified as a tow away zone by the NY State Legislature since 1956)
- Can I learn about how to redeem my towed vehicle?
- YES. Click on this link. DOF how to redeem my towed vehicle
Has your chariot ever been the victim of Captain Hook? Please share your experience. It’s how we learn!