Where is this box and why can’t I block it?
Blocking the box has confounded many members of the NYC driving public. Here are some helpful tips:
- “The Box” refers to the square shape created by a four-way intersection
- A law against entering and staying in this box area was originally created in order to help the flow of traffic. Upon its inception, it was only a moving violation, which meant points on your license as well as insurance consequences.
- This law has since changed and gained dual status (both parking ticket and traffic ticket).
- All parking ticket warriors are now able to write a ticket for this violation, putting drivers at more of a risk of getting ticketed.
*Note: It is important to be aware of your surroundings and not get caught in the box. With over eight million residents and a million more commuting every day, NYC driving gets very congested!
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- 5 Common Fire Hydrant Mistakes to Avoid at all Costs - October 17, 2017
- What Everybody Ought to Know about these Weird NYC Crosswalks - October 16, 2017
- NYC Parking Ticket Warrior Assaulted by Loathsome Creep - October 7, 2017