What’s next after finding NYC parking rule 4-08(j)(1) in the table of contents?
This is the second-part of a two-part series of blog articles. Here’s a link to part-one.
Locate the parking rule (page 32) and read it.
(j) Standing or parking vehicles that violate registration and inspection rules, are covered or have the VIN obscured.
(1) Vehicles must be properly registered. No person shall stand or park a vehicle bearing a New York license plate or plates unless it is properly registered in accordance with the laws and rules of the state of New York.
View more documents from lawrence berezin
I underlined some important language that may help you win a “get out of jail free” card when you are issued an illegal parking ticket by a rogue parking ticket warrior.
- “Properly“: One example…according to the NY DMV you are permitted to register a pick-up truck as a passenger vehicle, if the unladen weight is less than 5500 pounds. You win, if you receive a parking ticket for your < 5500 pound pick-up truck for improper registration as a passenger vehicle.
- “Bearing NY Plates“: Out-of-state vehicles are exempt from being issued a 4-08(j)(2) violation
Always, every time, take a couple of minutes of your valuable time and read the rule. There’s parking ticket gold in them thar rules.
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- Time for Another 5-Question Parking Ticket Quickie Quiz - November 13, 2017
- Gotten a Bogus NYC Parking Ticket Lately? Read This - November 8, 2017
- 5 Parking Ticket Wishes the Evil Empire ShouldFulfill - October 23, 2017