Lincoln and Washington’s B-days are legal parking holidays in NYC
You can thank our former presidents for freedom of sleep on the following parking holidays:
- Thursday, February 12, 2015
- Monday, February 16, 2015
Do you think these amazing Presidents knew that alternate side parking rules would be suspended in honor of their birthdays? Nah.
Thank you, Mr. President!
Words of great men can be inspirational
Here are a couple of quotes uttered by Lincoln and Washington many years ago. Are they relevant to life today?
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character give him power.”
It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one”
Universal truths have no born-again date and share wisdom and insights that are timeless.
NYC declares a number of days to be legal parking holidays. Here are just a few:
- Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Birthday Jan 16
- Mon Asian Lunar New Year Jan 28,
- Sat Lincoln’s Birthday (Observed) Feb 13,
- Mon Washington’s Birthday (Pres. Day) Feb 20,
- Mon Ash Wednesday
- Mar 1, Wed Purim
- Mar 12, Sun Passover (1st/2nd Days)
- Apr 11-12, Tues-Wed Holy Thursday
- Apr 13, Thurs Holy Thursday (Orthodox) Apr 13,
- Thurs Good Friday, Apr 14,
- Fri Good Friday (Orthodox) Apr 14,
- Fri Passover (7th/8th Days) Apr 17-18,
- Mon-Tues Solemnity of the Ascension
You may want to remember that on legal parking holidays, ASP Rules are suspended. But, that’s all folks! There are no other benefits.
However, on major legal parking holidays, NYC is much more generous because:
- ASP Rules are suspended
- You don’t have to feed the muni-meters
- You don’t have to obey traffic rules unless they are in effect all days and all times
Can you name the major legal parking holidays? Here’s a helpful link.
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- Metes and Bounds Description of Place of Occurrence can be Beaten - January 15, 2018
- Client Success: I Beat a No Standing Parking Ticket - January 8, 2018
- Final Parking Ticket Quickie Quiz Challenge for 2017 - January 2, 2018