Fox 5 News for NYC
Can you imagine being charged for parking tickets meant for UPS? Talk about byzantine quagmires. The Cheshire Cat said it best, “We’re all mad here.”
This gives new meaning to “Murphy’s Law.” A slip of the pen by a careless parking ticket warrior; followed by an uncaring, harried, rogue, parking ticket hearing officer’s ridiculous decision. A lethal combination, which leaves a young marine fighting for his financial life; and peace of mine.
This is a real problem that must be addressed by the powers-to-be in the parking violation bureau. Every time a member of the driving public beats or ignores a NYC parking ticket because of the wrong license plate number; some poor soul is hit with a parking ticket he does not deserve!
- Specific, crystal clear guidelines issued about the proof required to persuade a hearing officer, “It’s not by ticket!” For example, a receipt from DMV saying plates turned in and destroyed should absolutely, positively be sufficient proof
- The PVB should assign specific hearing officer(s) on a monthly rotating basis to cases where the defense of “It’s not my ticket; or “I’ve never been to NYC,” etc. is raised. The hearing officer must be required to follow the guidelines and give careful consideration to the facts presented
- The appeal panel must be required to determine specifically whether the original hearing officer followed the guidelines. For example, if proof of plate destruction is presented in the original hearing…CASE DISMISSED. No more monkey business.
What advice do you have for Mike and his wife?
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- Shocking How a Parking Rule Blunder Cost the Evil Empire Millions - November 20, 2017
- Time for Another 5-Question Parking Ticket Quickie Quiz - November 13, 2017
- Gotten a Bogus NYC Parking Ticket Lately? Read This - November 8, 2017