Red Light Camera Violations
Just when you think the draconian penalties imposed for Red light Camera and parking violations can’t get any worse, they do! Effective September 13, 2010:
- Red Light Camera violation fines will count towards the scofflaw tow threshold of $350
- Interest will be applied to outstanding debts
- Motorists will be subject to registration holds with the State Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
The scofflaw tow threshold of $350 means once your parking ticket fines and penalties in judgment exceed $350, your vehicle is subject to a tow by the marshal or sheriff. After September 13, 2010, the $350 tow threshold can be reached by adding the amount of your Red Light Camera fines. Hold on to your wallets. Here is a link to the DOF website announcing the new law.
Five (5) Minute Grace Period Law
We all know the Five (5) Minute Grace Period Law applies to alternative side parking rules, and Muni-meter violations. However, according to the DOF website, a grace period of five (5) minutes also applies to any other parking spaces with specific times listed. Here is the statement on the DOF website:
“Effective March 21, 2010, drivers will get a 5-minute grace period past the expired time on Muni-Meter receipts, Alternate Side Parking signs, and any other parking spaces with specific times listed (e.g. 8:30am – 9:30am). During this 5-minute grace period, parking tickets cannot be issued.”
What do you think about these important rules? How will the changes affect you?
Please comment, your opinion matters to us all.
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- 5 Parking Ticket Wishes the Evil Empire ShouldFulfill - October 23, 2017
- 5 Common Fire Hydrant Mistakes to Avoid at all Costs - October 17, 2017
- What Everybody Ought to Know about these Weird NYC Crosswalks - October 16, 2017