The wacky world of parking tickets
I’m always searching the globe for interesting, unusual, or ambitious cures for parking ticket pain. I came across an article in the City Insider, “Pay-by-phone and text-alert services to help SF drivers avoid ticket.” Here’s the opening paragraph:
“In San Francisco, 45 cents soon could save $55.
The San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency plans to launch a new service that sends drivers text alerts if their parking meters are about to expire. People also will be allowed to plug the meters remotely using their cell phones. Existing time restrictions won’t change.”
Please select your first reaction to this pilot program from the following:
- Yea, right
- What’s the catch?
- Why would a major U.S. City choose to help its residents and visitors avoid paying a parking tax?
- Maybe NYC DOF will implement this super program
- Yea, right! (please note this “Yea, right” has a different meaning than the #1 “Yea, right”)
How to avoid parking meter expiration violations.
One option is moving to San Francisco. If that option is not very appealing, you may wish to check out this very, very, interesting Iphone app. It was conceived by rustybrick.com, and will help you keep track of your parking meter time, snap photographs, and much, much, more.
Click on the IPHONE image to learn more…
San Francisco has introduced a pilot program in an effort to make the act or parking one’s motor vehicle a more delightful shopping (for a parking space) experience. Here’s a link to the article. Take a few moments to read the skeptical and passionate comments of the readers. It is a veritable potpourri of reactions.
Do you think this type of program would benefit the NYC driving community? What are the pros and cons? Please leave a comment. I’d love to know what your thoughts are on this pilot program, and its “usability” in NYC.
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- Time for Another 5-Question Parking Ticket Quickie Quiz - November 13, 2017
- Gotten a Bogus NYC Parking Ticket Lately? Read This - November 8, 2017
- 5 Parking Ticket Wishes the Evil Empire ShouldFulfill - October 23, 2017