An NYC parking ticket tale from the eyes of a parking ticket
Did you know that parking tickets delivered more than $600M in revenue for NYC in 2009? Not bad for a piece of paper in these uncertain economic times. I’m recession proof. I can’t take all the credit. We couldn’t do it without help from all the confusing parking rules, and some overzealous parking ticket warriors. Kudos to all. We’re a team.
It’s raining today, cold and windy
Great for parking tickets. When my special member of the NYC driving public returns, he/she won’t be able to make out any of the information on my face.
She’ll curse, grab me, squeeze me into a ball, and toss me in the back seat. I’m happy to take one for the team. I’ll be a parking ticket hero. Here’s why:
- There’s plenty of information on the front of a parking ticket that can help a driver beat me. If they can’t read me, they’ll ignore me. Big mistake. For example, if a date, time, place of occurrence, make, model or license plate number is wrong, I lose. If I’m illegible, I lose
- When I’m tossed in the back seat, my special member of the driving public will probably forget about me. Penalties will be assessed. More money for the “good guys”
- Mr. or Ms. driving public probably doesn’t realize you can get a picture of my face from the New York City Department of Finance. I’m a winner, again
Here comes John Q. Member of the NYC driving public. He looks like a truck driver. He finished making a delivery in his commercial vehicle. This is really good for me unless some wise guy tells him that he can beat me with a work order. Ah, he’ll probably lose the ticket or the work order. This is a piece of cake.
We will never win the hearts and minds of the NYC driving public. But, who cares. Show me the money…and the driving public always does.
Are we going to let this NYC parking ticket get one over on us? Or get 10M over on us? NO. When you’re right-FIGHT! Listen, learn and share your NYC parking experiences. We need your help!
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- Metes and Bounds Description of Place of Occurrence can be Beaten - January 15, 2018
- Client Success: I Beat a No Standing Parking Ticket - January 8, 2018
- Final Parking Ticket Quickie Quiz Challenge for 2017 - January 2, 2018