There are some sure-fire ways to beat an NYC parking ticket
- Please, I beseech you, take photos with your cell camera of your car while it is still parked in the parking space where you allegedly committed the parking crime. Make sure to include the parking sign containing the rule you allegedly violated; and if possible, a landmark to establish your location
- I can’t tell you how many wonderful, intelligent members of the driving public say…oops, when I ask “Did you take a photo?” Keep your hard-earned dough where it belongs–in your wallet
PLACE OF OCCURRENCE
- Always, without fail, check for omitted, misdescribed, or illegible required elements on the front of your parking ticket. If you find a mistake, you win upon application. Pay special attention to “place of occurrence.” A warrior is required to describe the exact location where he/she alleges you committed your parking crime.
- The warrior must insert, front of, opposite of, or provide a UNAMBIGUOUS detailed description ( I call ’em pirate treasure map descriptions)
- For example, you may find, “W/S of Berry St 30 ft S/ of N 7th Street on the front of your parking ticket. This means West side of Berry Street, 30 feet South of North 7th Street. Please be sure this address is accurate.
- You can check for accuracy by looking at Google Maps with Street View; Interactive Maps on our website; Find a Sign or Address, on our website, among other available tools
ELVIS PRESLEY DEFENSE
- How do you prove an address does NOT exist? Here’s a terrific tip I learned from a parking ticket expert, Louis Camporeale, who wrote “The New York City Parking Survival Guide, 2007 (Parking Pal Company).” You can find the book at Amazon.com. I call this my Elvis Presley Defense. Return to sender, address unknown, no such number, no such phone:
- Mail a letter to the non-existent address, addressed to “occupant.” Please include your legible return address with your name on the front of the letter
- The US Postal Service will return your undeliverable letter to you marked with the Elvis Presley Defense, which you can submit to the judge to prove there is no such address
- Here’s one for all of you profiled, picked on “Out-of-towners.” A parking ticket warrior is required to insert the month and year your vehicle registration expires IF IT IS DISPLAYED ON YOUR PLATES.
- Some warriors with rickety knees will not bend down to check your plate, and instead, will insert either, “N/S” or “N/A” on the front of your parking ticket
- I recommend you fight this parking ticket!
WHEN YOU’RE RIGHT-FIGHT
- When you’re right-FIGHT! It may take a little time to fight, but every time we apply for a reduced fine, or worse, pay the full fine on a parking ticket that is “reducible,” we are empowering the warriors to issue defective, or are defensible and take your cash. Better yet, it is wrong! Don’t sit on your comfortable couch and let the other guy do it.
THE ELVIS PRESLEY DEFENSE
Lawyer with 40-years experience who is committed to helping you beat your NYC parking tickets
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- The Truth About Parking Ticket Refunds and Adjournments - April 16, 2018
- Are You Making These 3 Common Mistakes Fighting a Parking Ticket? - April 2, 2018
- Eye-Popping Parking Ticket Stats and Facts for FY 2017 and FY 2018 - March 26, 2018