How well do you know NYC parking ticket rules?
Here is a chance to “strut your stuff.” Let’s see how well you do with these ten (10) questions about parking ticket laws, rules, and regulations. Oh, by the way, this is an open website test. Feel free to move about Larry’s Blog for the answers. Please leave a “comment” with your answers.
- We all know you are prohibited from parking a car (without a driver sitting the wheel) within 15 feet of a pump. But, where do you measure from on your car to the pump, the bumper or the wheel THE BUMPER
- How many minutes can you idle your vehicle before a warrior issues you a parking ticket? 3
- True or False. On a major legal holiday, such as Christmas Day, you must feed the meters? FALSE
- True or False. One authorized regulatory parking sign anywhere on the block, regardless of the length of the block, is sufficient notice of a parking rule in effect on the block? TRUE
- True or False. You have no recourse to fight your parking ticket issued within five (5) days of a brand, spanking new parking sign installed? FALSE. CHECK OUT MY BLOG POST ABOUT “TERRIFIC NEW LAW”
- True or False. Any paper or other temporary signs posted by authorized law enforcement agencies shall NOT supersede all existing posted rules for the days and times specified? FALSE
- True or False. Regulations placed inside parking meters by the DOT to cover rate plates and the inside of the dome of the meter SHALL supersede all existing posted rules for the time the insert remains in the parking meter? TRUE
- True or False. Double parking is legal on the opposite side of the street on street cleaning days? FALSE
- If you don’t respond to an NYC parking ticket, how many days from the date of issuance will a $10 fine be added? 31
- True of False. All of NYC is a tow away zone. Your vehicle may be towed any time, any place for any parking violation? TRUE
How’d you do?
Do you agree with all my answers?
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- Should NYC Car Sharing Cars Share On-Street Parking Spaces? - July 30, 2018
- A Common, Costly NYC Parking Ticket Mistake to Avoid - July 16, 2018
- Should NYC Employees be Permitted to Violate Parking Rules? - July 9, 2018