NYC parking ticket alert
Tuesday, December 28, 2010, 11 a.m. update:
ASP Rules and parking meters are still suspended. But, you must continue to obey all parking signs
NYC Parking ticket knowledge is power
I responded to a comment from Theresa on Larry’s Blog today about parking rules on snow days. Theresa called 311 but wasn’t able to get answers to all of her questions. It motivated me to write a post on don’t’s on days our sidewalks and streets are covered with huge amounts of snow.
- On days like today when ASP Rules are suspended due to snow, you still must feed the meters, AND obey all parking signs
- Most judges will find you guilty of violating a parking rule on a parking sign covered with snow. If the parking sign is covered with snow, making the rule invisible, you can still be issued a parking ticket and found guilty. Snow is not a defense
- “What’s good for the goose is good for the gander”…If you are issued a parking ticket today, be sure to check to see if the warrior inserted, “N/S”–SNOW. Most judges will not allow the warrior to get away with omitting a required element because your registration is covered with snow
- You can be issued an NYC parking ticket for a fire hydrant violation, even if the pump is invisible due to snow. Most judges will find you guilty. Photographs of snow-covered, invisible fire hydrants, will not set you free
Is there a difference between “Snow Emergencies” and “Snow Holidays”
Yes! A big, huge, very large difference. Today is a “Snow Holiday.” Here’s a link to a post I wrote about “Snow Emergencies” you may find helpful.
Any snow parking ticket experiences? Share…please!
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- The Redesigned Truck Loading Only Sign Can Ambush your Car - April 22, 2019
- Alex Baldwin was Guilty of NYC Parking Space Rage - April 8, 2019
- ALERT: Bus Lane Cameras Pilot Program Cruising for Violators - March 27, 2019