You can transfer unused time to another Muni-Meter
However, over zealous parking ticket warriors are still issuing NYC parking tickets for violating this non-violation. And, some of these illegal parking tickets are being upheld by PVB judges. Surprised?
The role of the NYC Council to is “clear up confusion”
In response to this boondoggle, clusterf–k, SNAFU, a super piece of legislation was introduced to the NYC Council Transportation Committee, as eloquently stated by Chairperson James Vacca (D-Bronx), to “clear up this confusion. Intro 0784-A was approved by the Transportation Committee on May 15, 2012, and sent to the full council for a vote.
Intro 0784-A provides:
“A Local Law to amend the administrative code of the city of New York, in relation to allowing for transfer of muni-meter time.
Be it enacted by the Council as follows:
Section 1. Subchapter 2 of chapter 1 of title 19 of the administrative code of the city of New York is amended by adding a new section 19-167.2 to read as follows:
§19-167.2 Transfer of muni-meter time. a. For the purposes of this section, the term “muni-meter” shall mean an electronic parking meter that dispenses timed receipts that must be displayed in a conspicuous place on a vehicle’s dashboard.
b. Parking time that is purchased at a muni-meter shall be valid for use during such time at any parking space where parking meter rules are in effect, provided that:
1. the parking meter rate at such parking space is the same as or less than the rate at the location where such parking time was purchased;
2. the vehicle is not parked at such parking space in excess of the maximum amount of time parking is authorized at such parking space as indicated on posted signs. For purposes of this paragraph, the length of time a vehicle is parked at a parking space shall be calculated from the time such parking time was purchased, as indicated on the muni-meter receipt; and
3. the vehicle is not otherwise parked in violation of any law or rule.
§2. This local law shall take effect immediately.”
Here’s a link to new proposed law (No email address required).
Is your company suffering from traumatic parking ticket anxiety?
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- Alert: Blocking the Box Crackdown at These Fifty Intersections - June 18, 2018
- Can you Still Get a Parking Ticket if your Plates were Destroyed? - June 11, 2018
- Can you Still Get a NYC Parking Ticket if your car was never in NYC? - June 4, 2018