Where is this box and why can’t I block it?
Blocking the box has confounded many members of the NYC driving public. Here are some helpful tips:
- “The Box” refers to the square shape created by a four-way intersection
- A law against entering and staying in this box area was originally created in order to help the flow of traffic. Upon its inception, it was only a moving violation, which meant points on your license as well as insurance consequences.
- This law has since changed and gained dual status (both parking ticket and traffic ticket).
- All parking ticket warriors are now able to write a ticket for this violation, putting drivers at more of a risk of getting ticketed.
*Note: It is important to be aware of your surroundings and not get caught in the box. With over eight million residents and a million more commuting every day, NYC driving gets very congested!
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- The “Dispute a Parking Ticket Online Tool” Renovated by the Evil Empire - May 21, 2018
- Do You Know About 3 Bold Changes in Parking Ticket Land? - May 14, 2018
- The Truth About Parking Ticket Refunds and Adjournments - April 16, 2018