Can I put a “For Sale” sign on my car while it’s parked on an NYC street?
Yes, you can put a “For Sale” sign on your car as long as you are not in the regular business of selling cars. Here are the rules:
(n) Special restrictions on parking.
(1) Parking for sales purposes prohibited.
No person regularly engaged in the sale of vehicles shall park a vehicle upon any roadway or off-street parking facility for the principal purpose of displaying such vehicle for sale.
(2) Parking for certain purposes prohibited.
No person regularly engaged in the repair of vehicles shall park a vehicle upon any roadway or off- street parking facility for the principal purpose of washing, greasing, or repairing such vehicle, except repairs necessitated by an emergency.
(3) Parking for the purposes of commercial advertising prohibited.
No person shall stand or park a vehicle on any street or roadway for the purpose of commercial advertising, as defined in §4-12(j)(1) of these rules, except as otherwise provided in that section.
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- The “Dispute a Parking Ticket Online Tool” Renovated by the Evil Empire - May 21, 2018
- Do You Know About 3 Bold Changes in Parking Ticket Land? - May 14, 2018
- The Truth About Parking Ticket Refunds and Adjournments - April 16, 2018