‘Tis the season to be jolly, if you don’t win an NYC parking ticket
If the Evil Empire has no qualms about giving Santa an NYC parking ticket, what chance do you have of avoiding the orange plague during the holiday season?
Welp, if you take the time to learn the rules covering the important dates to remember in December, a real good chance.
Knowledge is power and will keep you safe curbside in New York City during the month of December.
Holiday parking dates to remember:
A reminder about difference between a Legal Parking Holiday and a Major Legal Parking Holiday
On major legal parking holidays and Sundays:
- Alternate side parking rules are NOT in effect
- You do NOT have to feed the meters
- Stopping, standing or parking are permitted, except in areas where stopping, standing or parking are prohibited seven (7) days per week. For example, if a parking sign says, “No Standing anytime,” keep driving
On just plain Legal Parking Holidays, your only reward is alternate side parking rules are NOT in effect. You must obey all parking signs, and feed the meter.
If you’d like the last look at the 2016 ASP Rules Suspension Calendar, click this link and ye shall find.
This is not the month to make a donation to the Evil Empire’s treasury. $115 can buy some nice stuff for the people you love during the holiday season. Don’t spend it on a costly parking ticket.
My best wishes to you and your family for a wonderful and tranquil holiday season and a prosperous 2017.
Would you like a sneak-peek at the 2017 ASP Suspension Calendar? Simply click the button below (no email address required)
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- Bus Stop Parking Ticket Challenge - February 18, 2019
- Client Success: I Beat a Taxi Stand Parking Ticket NYC - January 28, 2019
- What Happens if I Park in Front of an Illegal Driveway in NYC? - December 24, 2018