Memorial Day is a Major Legal Parking Holiday in NYC
What a beautiful weekend leading up to Memorial Day. A day to honor the men and women who died while serving our country in the armed forces.
The holiday, which is celebrated every year on the final Monday of May, was formerly known as Decoration Day and originated after the American Civil War to commemorate the Union and Confederate soldiers who died in the Civil War. By the 20th century, Memorial Day had been extended to honor all Americans who have died while in the military service. It typically marks the start of the summer vacation season, while Labor Day marks its end.” [via Wikipedia]
Memorial Day, a major legal parking holiday, is a day the NYC division of the Evil Empire bestows parking perks on the NYC driving public:
- Alternate side parking rules are suspended. We don’t have to move our cars to the street cleaner
- Muni-meters are closed. You don’t have to feed the meters
- We do not have to obey parking signs, unless; the parking signs are in effect all days/all times or anytime
Enjoy the Memorial Day sunshine and festivities
How about the 4th of July? Is it a major parking holiday in NYC?
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- Alert: Blocking the Box Crackdown at These Fifty Intersections - June 18, 2018
- Can you Still Get a Parking Ticket if your Plates were Destroyed? - June 11, 2018
- Can you Still Get a NYC Parking Ticket if your car was never in NYC? - June 4, 2018