How to avoid a $115 NYC parking ticket for “No Standing Bus Stop.”
- The bus stop sign next to the bus stop bench indicates the beginning of the bus stop zone
- There will NOT be a painted curb to show the length of the bus stop zone
- The bus stop zone starts at the bus stop sign
- The bus stop zone extends the next parking sign in the direction the arrow points, or the end of the block
- The bus stop zone may extend for the entire block
- You cannot avoid an NYC parking ticket because you were only a little bit, even a fraction of an inch, one license plate number extending into the bus stop zone.
- You may stop temporarily in a bus stop zone to expeditiously drop off or pick up an elephant, or a human being; as long as you do not block a bus from entering or leaving the bus stop zone. However, you cannot wait in a bus stop zone for the elephant’s bus to arrive.