An NYC parking ticket is a costly nightmare for the driving public
Parking ticket knowledge is the solution to avoid or beat a parking ticket. Can you answer the true or false questions presented in this short video? If so, it will save you a bunch of bucks in unnecessary parking fines.
- All of NYC is a tow-away zone. No notice necessary. This edict has been in place since 1956, so don’t expect to see a sign designating a tow-away zone
- Two things to keep in mind with the second question…1) You don’t have to obey parking signs on Sunday unless the rule is in effect all days, all times. 2) Whenever you see “Except Sundays” on a sign, you’re home free regardless of the days/hours the rule is in effect
- Please, avoid bus stop zones whenever possible. But, if you must stop temporarily to expeditiously drop off or pick up a passenger…remember, you cannot drop off or pick up people not property
There are many reasons why you don’t have time to learn the rules that regulate NYC curbs. But, how many parking tickets do you have to get before learning the basics? One should do it!
- $115 bucks because you didn’t know where a bus stop ended. Your defense, I parked far enough away for the bus to enter the bus stop zone. Ca-ching
- $115 bucks because you didn’t realize you can’t park within 15 feet of a fire hydrant after sunset. Your defense, I thought it was ok. Ca-ching
- $115 bucks because I didn’t realize that I couldn’t stop in a no standing zone. Your defense, I was seated behind the wheel, with my flashers on, and my wife was only in the store for 10 minutes. C’mon man. Ca-ching.
Learn the basics. Please!
It may not be Monday, but would you like a parking ticket tip that will save you money? Click away, my friends.
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- Are You Making These 5-Mistakes Fighting NYC Parking Tickets? - October 14, 2019
- The Redesigned Truck Loading Only Sign Can Ambush your Car - April 22, 2019
- Alex Baldwin was Guilty of NYC Parking Space Rage - April 8, 2019