The wacky world of parking tickets
I’m always searching the globe for interesting, unusual, or ambitious solutions for parking tickets pain. I came across an article in the City Insider, “Pay-by-phone and text-alert services to help SF drivers avoid tickets.” Here’s the opening paragraph:
“In San Francisco, $.45 soon could save $55.
The San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency plans to launch a new service that sends drivers text alerts if their parking meters are about to expire. People also will be allowed to plug the meters remotely using their cell phones. Existing time restrictions won’t change.”
Please select your first reaction to this pilot program from the following:
- Yea, right
- What’s the catch?
- Why would one major U.S. City choose to help its residents and visitors avoid paying a parking tax?
- Maybe NYC DOF will carry out this super program
- Yea, right! (please note this “Yea, right” has a different meaning than the #1 “Yea, right”)
How to avoid parking meter expiration violations.
One option is moving to San Francisco. If that option is not very appealing, you may wish to check out this very, very, interesting iPhone app. It was conceived by rustybrick.com and will help you keep track of your parking meter time, snap photographs, and much, much, more.
Click on the iPhone image to learn more…
San Francisco has introduced a pilot program that makes searching for a vacant parking space a more tolerable experience. Here’s a link to the article. Take a few moments to read the skeptical and passionate comments of the readers. It is a veritable potpourri of reactions.
Do you think this type of program would benefit the NYC driving community? What are the pros and cons? Please leave a comment. I’d love to know what your thoughts are on this pilot program and its “usability” in NYC.
Are you a Star Wars fan? If so, check out what R2D2 has in common with an NYC muni-meter.
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- The Redesigned Truck Loading Only Sign Can Ambush your Car - April 22, 2019
- Alex Baldwin was Guilty of NYC Parking Space Rage - April 8, 2019
- ALERT: Bus Lane Cameras Pilot Program Cruising for Violators - March 27, 2019