The best places to hail taxi cabs
Do you take taxi cabs to navigate the mean streets of NYC? If so, can you answer these two questions?
True or False? One of the best places to hail an NYC taxi cab is standing on York Avenue and 72nd Street?
True or False? Tenth Avenue at 43rd can get you just as many people hailing taxis in the morning as Vanderbilt Avenue, directly adjacent to Grand Central?
The answers to both questions are TRUE. This is just some of the fascinating data contained in an article in today’s New York Times entitled, “Need a Cab? New Analysis Shows Where to Find One”
Here is some of the informative information in the article
- Topping the list for 9 a.m. Monday cab hails are, not surprisingly, Pennsylvania Station and Grand Central
- Residents of Yorkville, long starved for subway access, commonly commute by taxi to Midtown or the financial district.
- Late-night pickups in the meatpacking district dominate other popular areas like Sheridan Square and St. Marks Place. The East Village barely cracks the top 10 on early Sunday mornings, but if you need a cab, try Third Avenue and 11th Street.
- Columbus Circle, with its popular shopping mall, its jumbo Whole Foods store and its entrance to Central Park, ranks second in the most popular places in NYC to hail a cab
There is one sure-fire way to avoid an NYC parking ticket. Hail a taxi cab! It is always fascinating to learn about life in NYC. Taxi cabs play a major role in helping New Yorkers navigate the highways and byways of our fair City. Great article. Interesting facts. Now, let’s make sure we all get a fair, honest shake on our cab fares!
Are you a parking ticket maven? Click here and find out.
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- Are You Making These 5-Mistakes Fighting NYC Parking Tickets? - October 14, 2019
- The Redesigned Truck Loading Only Sign Can Ambush your Car - April 22, 2019
- Alex Baldwin was Guilty of NYC Parking Space Rage - April 8, 2019