Taxi Stand parking ticket was dismissed
Did you ever have one of those days when nothing went right? Sadly, our heroine, Joan’s bad day was about to get worse. She returned to her chariot after a horrible day at work and found a parking ticket sticking out from under her wiper. Yikes!
Joan was charged with parking in a Taxi Stand. She was distraught. $115 parking fine because she failed to see the evil sign.
Is there anything Joan can do to beat the taxi stand parking ticket?
Taxi Relief Stand parking ticket
Joan hired me to fight the ticket. The first thing I did was to check out the parking sign/rule that regulated Joan’s parking space. The universe smiled because the sign/rule was a Taxi Relief Stand and not a Taxi Stand. Ergo, the Warrior charged her with the wrong rule.
There is a Taxi Stand Rule and a Taxi and For-Hire Vehicle Relief Stand Rule. Here are the two Rules:
(c) Violation of posted no standing rules prohibited.
When official signs, markings or traffic-control devices have been posted prohibiting, restricting or limiting the standing of vehicles, no person shall stand or park any vehicle in violation of the restrictions posted on such signs, markings or traffic-control devices, except as otherwise provided herein:
(1) Taxi stand. No person shall stand or park a vehicle other than a taxi in a taxi stand when any such stand has been officially designated and appropriately posted except that the operator of a vehicle may only temporarily stand therein for the purpose of expeditiously receiving and discharging passengers provided such standing does not interfere with any taxi about to enter or leave such stand.
(2) Taxi and/or for-hire vehicle relief stand. No person shall stand or park a vehicle other than a taxi or for-hire vehicle in a relief stand when any such stand has been officially designated and appropriately posted. The operator of a taxi or for-hire vehicle may park at such stand for no more than one hour.
Larry Fought the Evil Ticket
Here’s my defense certification
Yay for the good guys! Please check out how careful I was to establish that the Taxi Stand Relief Sign regulated the place of occurrence entered on the parking ticket. Once I did that, it was clear the Warrior charged Joan with the wrong Rule.
Did you know there were two taxi type stand rules?
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- Bus Stop Parking Ticket Challenge - February 18, 2019
- Client Success: I Beat a Taxi Stand Parking Ticket NYC - January 28, 2019
- What Happens if I Park in Front of an Illegal Driveway in NYC? - December 24, 2018