The rules for the NYC parking signs quiz
Read all the NYC parking signs on each gotcha pole in four (4) seconds or less and answer the question above the parking sign, “When, and in which direction, can I park here safely with a private passenger vehicle?” Post a comment containing your answers
If you score a 90% correctamundo rate or better, you are a Master of the NYC Parking Universe!
How much money in parking fines will you save?
Let’s begin![click on the parking sign to enlarge the view]
The NYC parking signs
1. Can a passenger vehicle park safely to the right of these parking signs (below) between 7 PM-7 AM, Monday-Friday? Do you have to pay the muni-meter between 7 PM-7 AM, Monday-Friday?
2. Can a passenger vehicle park safely to the right of these three parking signs on Friday, Saturday, and all day Sunday?
3. Can a passenger vehicle park safely to the right of the parking signs below, Monday-Saturday, 6 PM – 8 AM, and all day Sunday?
4. Can a passenger vehicle park safely to the left of these parking signs on Monday-Saturday, 6 PM-7 AM, and all day Sunday?
5. Can a passenger vehicle park safely to the left of these two NYC parking signs all days, all times; EXCEPT during street cleaning hours on Thursday and Friday? (This is a real picture of two real signs installed next to each other on the same street. Really!).
How’d you do? Are you a Master of the NYC Parking Universe? The only way to know if you can read a parking sign without incurring a parking fine is to TAKE THE TEST!
- Yes.No. 2. Yes. 3. No. 4. Yes. 5. Yes.
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- Client Success: I Beat a Taxi Stand Parking Ticket NYC - January 28, 2019
- What Happens if I Park in Front of an Illegal Driveway in NYC? - December 24, 2018
- 7 NYC Parking Ticket Mistakes to Avoid and Save Money - December 10, 2018