Here are 4 proposed parking laws waiting for approval from the NYC Council
I love peering behind the NYC Council pending legislation curtain to check out the new and not so new arrivals. There are proposed bills that I know will never, ever, garner sufficient support to become laws. While other pending bills may.
Let’s take a trip back to the future and meet 4 proposed parking laws.
Proposed parking laws pending before the NYC Council
1. Permissible standing near fire hydrant
- Allows commercial vehicles to stand within 15 feet of a fire hydrant
- Allows standing from dusk to dawn with headlights and taillights on
2. Free parking during nighttime hours
- Parking is free between 7P and 8A
3. Temporary parking spaces for persons who are changing residences
- The Evil Empire had a heart transplant
- Recognition that people change residences in NYC and shouldn’t get a parking ticket for doing so
4. “Rounding Up” parking time
- It will be great for our business of fighting NYC parking ticket and asserting the “rounding up” defense…yeah, right!
It’s your turn…Which of these 4 parking laws will see the light of day? Take the poll and tell us what you think.
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- The Redesigned Truck Loading Only Sign Can Ambush your Car - April 22, 2019
- Alex Baldwin was Guilty of NYC Parking Space Rage - April 8, 2019
- ALERT: Bus Lane Cameras Pilot Program Cruising for Violators - March 27, 2019