“NS Flushing Avenue 15 feet W of Spencer Street”
Have you ever received a parking ticket with similar mumbo jumbo entered for the “Place of Occurrence?” What the heck does it mean? Larry’s translation:
“North side of Flushing Avenue 15 feet West of Spencer Street”
Tom came to us for help fighting a parking ticket for allegedly violating a General NO STANDNG rule. He insisted there was no such parking sign displaying a General NO STANDING rule regulating his parking space. Did the parking ticket warrior accurately describe the location of Tom’s parking space? Or, did the warrior issue a parking ticket for the wrong parking violation?
First thing we did was to check for mistakes on the front of the parking ticket. We learned from Google Maps with Street View that Flushing Avenue runs East and West, and 15 feet West of Spencer is located between Bedford and Spencer.
Next, we linked to the DOT website from the “Find a Sign” page on the New York Parking Ticket website to determine whether there was a NO STANDING sign regulating a space on the North side of Flushing Avenue, 15 feet West of Spencer. Lo and behold, we struck parking ticket gold. No such parking sign existed. We win!
- You never have to be intimidated again by parking ticket hieroglyphics now that you know how to translate the mumbo jumbo
- Use the terrific resources available on the Internet to ascertain whether the mumbo jumbo accurately describes the place of occurrence; and be absolutely certain you were charged with violating the correct parking crime displayed on the parking sign regulating your parking space
- When you’re right-FIGHT! And present the proper proof, properly
No more excuses. Promise you will always check the place of occurrence for mistakes. Share your parking ticket experiences trying to figure out the mumbo jumbo. Your opinion counts!
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- 5 Common Fire Hydrant Mistakes to Avoid at all Costs - October 17, 2017
- What Everybody Ought to Know about these Weird NYC Crosswalks - October 16, 2017
- NYC Parking Ticket Warrior Assaulted by Loathsome Creep - October 7, 2017