What sort of data supports the enactment of a grace period bill?
- 28,000 NYC parking tickets were issued at the exact moment alternate side parking rule restrictions went into effect
- 276,000 parking tickets were issued within five minutes of the rule restrictions going into effect
There used to be an informal grace period, but it was eliminated. Can anyone guess why?
When will the grace period bill take effect?
90 days after Mayor Bloomberg signs the bill
What happens if Mayor Bloomberg vetoes the grace period bill?
There are enough votes to override the Mayor’s veto.
A five-minute grace period will be the law of NYC. It will cover alternate side parking and muni-meters. The bill will not apply to regular coin-operated, single-space meters, because it is almost impossible to decide how long such meters have expired.The smart thing for Mayor Bloomberg to do is to sign the bill with a smile on his face and say, I hear the voice of the people and will listen.
I’d love to hear what you think about the grace period bill, and whether Mayor Bloomberg will sign or veto the bill? Your opinion really matters!
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- What Happens if I Park in Front of an Illegal Driveway in NYC? - December 24, 2018
- 7 NYC Parking Ticket Mistakes to Avoid and Save Money - December 10, 2018
- Should NYC Car Sharing Cars Share On-Street Parking Spaces? - July 30, 2018