We encourage our clients to share their NYC parking ticket experiences, interactions with parking ticket warriors, and hearing officials.
Here are answers to 5 questions posed by our website visitors:
- Can I stop my vehicle temporarily to drop off a passenger where STOPPING is prohibited by parking sign? NO. However, you can stop your vehicle temporarily to drop off a passenger where STANDING or PARKING is prohibited. Temporarily is considered two minutes or less.
- Can I stop my vehicle temporarily to drop off a passenger and wait for her to finish her shopping? NEVER. Once your passenger has exited your vehicle, you must move immediately; or risk an NYC parking ticket
- I was invited to a friend’s house, and parked my vehicle in front of his driveway, with his permission. I received an NYC parking ticket for obstructing a driveway. Was the parking ticket justified? YES. You are only permitted to block the driveway of a building or apartment you own or lease.
- I stopped my car temporarily where NO PARKING is prohibited by a sign to bring my groceries into my house. I received an NYC parking ticket for no parking. Should I contest this parking ticket? NO. You are permitted to stop your car where NO PARKING is prohibited by sign, but you can only unload your groceries to the curb, and then must move your car
- I parked my car in a parking space and observed one lonely parking sign at the far end of the block. I was issued a parking ticket for NO PARKING. After receiving my NYC parking ticket, I walked to the far end of the block and read the parking sign. It prohibited parking, anytime, with an arrow at the bottom of the sign pointing in both directions. Was the NYC parking ticket justified? YES. One parking sign can cover an entire city block. Check the direction of the arrow at the bottom of the sign. The parking rule indicated on the sign regulates the block in the direction of the arrow until the next parking sign; or the end of the block
Surviving the mean streets of NYC is not easy. Let’s help each other avoid making expense parking mistakes by sharing our experiences.
Please drop us a note, your opinion matters to us.
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- Bus Stop Parking Ticket Challenge - February 18, 2019
- Client Success: I Beat a Taxi Stand Parking Ticket NYC - January 28, 2019
- What Happens if I Park in Front of an Illegal Driveway in NYC? - December 24, 2018