Last Updated on May 22, 2022 by Lawrence Berezin
Parking tickets and Hurricane Sandy were in the news in 2012
Parking tickets were far from the front of the mind when you think about the unthinkable devastation and human tragedy caused by Hurricane Sandy and Adam Lanza. My prayers go out to all the people affected by the natural disaster and the grotesque troubled child with an assault rifle killing all those people at an elementary school in Connecticut.
Larry’s top 10 parking tickets wishes
My number 1 wish goes out to all the folks devasted by the Hurricane Sandy catastrophe. It is the hope and prayers for a recovery from this nightmare. On the other hand, here are ten other far less meaningful wishes:
- There was an app the driving public could install in their chariot that turned red when it was illegal to park in a parking space
- Rogue warriors and cops stopped issuing $165 parking tickets for parking in front of legal curb cuts in mid-block, without marked crosswalks, traffic control devices, or signs regulating traffic. They wouldn’t allow their children to cross there. Why is it safe for a person with a handicap to cross in the middle of an N.Y. street?
- The Evil Empire would fix the online parking ticket fighting app to give justice and not use it as a tool to grab your money quicker. How many parking tickets are a judge ordered to “process” in one hour? How do we know the evidence submitted with our defense summary reaches a parking ticket judge? How about transparency in the process and publishing a video showing how it works?
- There were more parking ticket laws like the new muni-meter laws, where common sense and justice prevailed. Wow, a new concept in parking ticket land
- Our driving community would realize that a parking ticket warrior is simply a messenger for the Evil Empire. Unless you and your muni-meter receipt qualify for cancellation, there is absolutely no reason to engage a warrior in conversation (unless you and your muni-meter receipt qualify for cancellation). Save your rant for the parking ticket judge, who possesses the power to dismiss your parking ticket.
- I would finally beat an NYC parking ticket for a bus stop violation. This parking violation is the Penguin to Larry’s Batman.
- All the parking ticket judges had the courage (and other employment opportunities) to dispense justice rather than carry out the evil mission of the NYC DOF.
- More judges did the right thing and dismissed parking tickets that deserved to be ignored.
- Parking ticket warriors counted the distance from a chariot to a fire hydrant and issued parking tickets to vehicles parked within 15 feet of the pump.
- The Evil Empire shouted from the highest rooftop or at least published on its website, where a bus stop zone ends.
Hug your children and work relentlessly to keep them safe.
P.S. Here’s a Wikipedia about the dire effects of Hurricane Sandy on NY