Knowledge to beat NYC parking tickets is acquired by relentless repetition
“Ignorance is bliss” -The Evil Empire
Do you think you currently have sufficient knowledge to beat NYC parking tickets? Let’s see…Here’s an NYC parking ticket quiz to find out whether you’re good to go for a drive on the mean streets of New York City. Or, whether there may be some gaps in your parking ticket knowledge that may need some relentless learning.
Who amongst us can forget those idyllic high school days when we’d walk into history class, open our notebooks, sit back, and get ready to daydream for 45 minutes? Only to be rudely interrupted by our teacher’s voice instructing us to close our notebooks, and get ready for a surprise quiz. Arrgh…
This will be an open website, use any materials you need to answer the questions, quiz. Take out your old number 2 pencils and let’s begin.
NYC parking ticket pop quiz[You’ll find the answers to the quiz on the New York Parking Ticket Facebook Page. While you’re there, why not LIKE us? We’ll have a bunch of fun learning about how to save money parking in New York City, without leaving the comfort of your home]
1. All of NYC is a tow away zone. No parking signs necessary to warn us of this nightmare. True or False?
2. Which of the following are not legal parking holidays in NYC?
(A) Christmas Eve (B) Martin Luther King, Jr.’s birthday (C) New Year’s Eve (D) Larry’s birthday
3. Your chariot can be towed if it is issued a parking ticket and has $101 in judgment. True or False?
4. A parking ticket warrior is empowered to cancel a “failure to display muni-meter receipt” parking ticket if you present the warrior with a paid muni-meter receipt issued within 5 minutes of the time the warrior issued the parking ticket. True or False?
5. A parking ticket judge is now required to dismiss a “failure to display muni-meter receipt” parking ticket upon submission of a paid muni-meter receipt issued within 5 minutes of the time of the violation. True or False?
6. Which of the following are not “Required Elements?”
(A) VIN number (B) Model year (C) Color (D) All of the above
7. Can your chariot now be “booted” in all 5 boroughs? True or False?
8. You have 5 minutes to walk to a muni-meter machine, pay for your time, return to your chariot, and place the paid muni-meter receipt on the dashboard. If you’re issued a parking ticket within this 5 minute grace period, you can fight it and win. True or False?
9. Joe overslept on an alternate side parking day, but woke up in time to move his chariot 5 minutes before the end of the alternate side parking period. Lucky for Joe, he will not be issued a NYC parking ticket. True, False, or Are you kidding me?
10. It is perfectly legal to double park on the unrestricted side of the street on alternate side parking days in your neighborhood. If you mistakenly are issued a parking ticket by some overzealous warrior, you will beat it in parking ticket court. True, False, or Are you kidding me?
11. You can park in front of a driveway as long as you are Facebook friends with the owner of the abutting property. True or False?
12. An NYC driveway is considered an NO STOPPING zone and therefore you cannot stop temporarily in front of a driveway to drop off a passenger. True or False?
How’d you do? Get ’em all correct?
If you had the gumption to take this quiz, you may enjoy another parking ticket challenge…The answers may surprise you!
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- Should NYC Car Sharing Cars Share On-Street Parking Spaces? - July 30, 2018
- A Common, Costly NYC Parking Ticket Mistake to Avoid - July 16, 2018
- Should NYC Employees be Permitted to Violate Parking Rules? - July 9, 2018