Are you searching for experts with a proven track record to help you and your company fight costly, commercial parking tickets? If so, your search is over. We’ve got the right stuff to win!… Learn more…
New York Parking Ticket shares valuable information about:
- How to beat a passenger vehicle parking ticket
- Customer success stories about beating NYC parking tickets.
- Where to find NYC parking ticket rules, regulations, and laws
- How to understand the indescipherable rules displayed on NYC parking signs to avoid the pain of parking tickets
- And much more…
There is a majority and minority view about double parking
Commercial vehicles…It is agreed upon by the parking ticket cognoscenti that it is legal for a commercial vehicle to double park while making a delivery or service call, if:
- There is no unoccupied parking space, or
- Designated loading zone
- On either side of the street within 100 feet
- And…A driver must comply with VTL Section 1102, which provides that “No person shall fail or refuse to comply with any lawful order or direction of any police officer or flag person or other person duly empowered to regulate traffic”
One more important point…A commercial vehicle cannot double park in Midtown between 7A-7P Monday through Saturday.
- The majority view expressed by the NYC Department of Transportation is that a passenger vehicle can never double park
- The minority view expressed by the NYC Department of Finance, Adjudication Unit, in its E-Book, ” Got Tickets? Your Guide to Parking Ticket Hearings, pages 10 and 14 (I agree with the minority view), a passenger vehicle can legally stop temporarily to discharge or pick up a passenger while double parking.