It’s time to take a NYC muni meter quiz
We’ve spent the past 6 weeks learning about everything you ought to know before parking at a muni meter. The NYC Council has passed a series of laws making paying for parking at muni meters more bearable. Now, it’s up to the driving public to implement these tactics.
With that said, it is time to test our knowledge of muni meter rules, regulations, and laws. This is an open-website test, and you’ll find the correct answers in the comment section below.
Good luck…Park safely…And, when you’re right- Fight.
Your NYC Muni meter final examination
- You have 5 minutes to walk from your car to the muni meter machine, pay for parking, obtain a receipt, walk back to your car, and place the receipt on the driver’s side dashboard. [True or False?]
- You have ___ minutes to vacate your parking space after the expiration of the time shown on the muni meter receipt. [ A) 3 minutes B) 5 minutes C) As much time as you need D) No additional time]
- If you fail to visibly display your muni meter receipt on the drivers side dashboard of your car, and get a parking ticket for “failure to display muni meter receipt,” you cannot fight this parking ticket and win. Pay it immediately, no questions asked.[True or False?]
- A parking ticket warrior is empowered to cancel a parking ticket for “failure to display muni meter receipt” if you present the warrior with a paid MM receipt showing you purchased time within 10 minutes of the time the parking ticket was issued. [True or False?]
- All mechanical meters have been replaced by muni meters in all 5 boroughs of NYC, except Queens. [True or False?]
- You are permitted to park at a broken muni meter as long as you leave a note on your windshield alerting a cop or warrior that the MM is broken. The note must be signed by “Epstein’s Mother.” [True of False?]
- Larry recommends parking at a broken muni meter. [True or False?]
- All muni meters are being re-programmed NOT to take your money, if parking is free on the day/time you attempt to pay the MM, or there is no paper to print a receipt. [True or False?]
- A “parking field” consists of both sides of a city block where a muni meter lives. [True or False?]
- “Meter #” “Operational” and “Limit” are all required elements for a VC 38, “Failure to Display MM receipt” parking ticket. This means a warrior is required to enter this information or the parking ticket is dismissable upon application. [True or False?]
- You are permitted to transfer unused time from one muni meter to another muni meter, as long as the parking rates are the same. [True or False?]
- All muni meters accept quarters, dollar coins, and parking cards for payment. Meters marked with a credit card logo also will accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover Network cards. [True or False?]
- You must pay for parking at muni meters on Sundays, even though in the past parking was free at mechanical meters on Sunday. [True or False?]
It is critical that you learn the rules of engagement before parking at an NYC muni meter. Knowledge is power and the best way to keep your money where it belongs…In your wallet.
The NY City Council has taken an enlightened view towards the NYC driving public by passing a number of quality of life laws to make parking at muni meters less costly.
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- The “Dispute a Parking Ticket Online Tool” Renovated by the Evil Empire - May 21, 2018
- Do You Know About 3 Bold Changes in Parking Ticket Land? - May 14, 2018
- The Truth About Parking Ticket Refunds and Adjournments - April 16, 2018