Cops testify against cops about parking ticket-fixing
Prosecutors have been working overtime in presenting evidence to the grand jury on the massive parking ticket-fixing, DWI, speeding ticket, and domestic violence fixing probe of New York City’s finest. As many as 24 police officers cannot retire until this probe is over, and approximately 300 police officers face a myriad of charges and discipline.
Murray Weiss of DNAinfo.com
Mr. Weiss, an award-winning reporter for DNAinfo.com has been after the probe for months.
You may wish to check out Murray Weiss’s terrific, detailed, and informative articles for all the information you want to know about the scandal. Here are some of the highlights:
- Murray Weiss heard tapes that were among the thousands of hours of recordings made by prosecutors and Internal Affairs officials from 30 bugged NYPD officers’ phones — including Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association officials and union delegates.
- The tapes included, cops talking about making a DWI incident disappear and fixing a speeding ticket for a Yankees executive.
- As many as 50 city cops — including top union officials and supervisors — have testified against fellow NYPD officers before a grand jury about widespread ticket-fixing and other alleged corruption.
- The casual nature with which some cops killed tickets — and more serious drunk driving and domestic violence incidents — for friends, relatives and their police brethren is beyond damaging.
You may wish to check out another blog post about this developing parking ticket scandal story
Who do you trust?
I would be interested to learn how many prosecutions must be voluntarily dismissed due to the involvement of this cauldron of rogue cops? Bad cops issuing tickets and making arrests of evildoers among the general public lack credibility when they act as judge and jury for friends, family members, and fellow officers of the crumbling blue line.
I guess if you befriend a police officer, it is your forever get out of jail free card.
In more than all fairness, let’s not forget that these bad cops are only the size of a wart on your arm, compared to the thousands of great police officers who do an excellent job enforcing the law fairly, every day. Kudos to the good guys.
What are your thoughts about this scandal? Much ado about nut’in…Or Frank Serpico revisited?
Here’s a sample of the recordings…
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- Are You Making These 5-Mistakes Fighting NYC Parking Tickets? - October 14, 2019
- The Redesigned Truck Loading Only Sign Can Ambush your Car - April 22, 2019
- Alex Baldwin was Guilty of NYC Parking Space Rage - April 8, 2019