Born again street cleaning bill still pending in NYC Council
Will a street cleaning bill previously introduced in 2010 by NYC Councilperson, Ydanis Rodriguez, and re-introduced by now Transportation Committee chairman, Ydanis Rodriguez ever see the light of day? Some of the stakeholders are the same (NYC Sanitation Department still opposes these changes), but there is a new mayor and new speaker of the NYC Council (Melissa Mark-Viverito, a Democrat and a supporter of the bill in 2010, has not signed on, though; her office says she is considering the legislation.
Here’s a great NY Times video about the impact of street cleaning on the NYC driving public
I worked to muster support for this excellent Bill in 2011, and I still think it’s worthy of passage today! I love that:
- Ydanis Rodriguez has not given up the fight
- There are now more than thirty co-sponsors of the Bill
- There is a new council speaker, who supported the Bill in 2010 as a regular councilperson
- There is a new mayor
Please let us know what you think. Are you in favor of pass? or fail?
Speaking of street cleaning, is double parking on the unrestricted side of the street when alternate side parking rules are in effect?
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- The Truth About Parking Ticket Refunds and Adjournments - April 16, 2018
- Are You Making These 3 Common Mistakes Fighting a Parking Ticket? - April 2, 2018
- Eye-Popping Parking Ticket Stats and Facts for FY 2017 and FY 2018 - March 26, 2018