We wish all of our clients, friends and website visitors a happy, healthy and parking ticket free New Year.
Just in case you are stung by a warrior’s scanner next year, here are three tips to eliminate the pain:
- You can never, ever, legally double park your vehicle when you move it to the opposite side of the roadway on street cleaning days. It’s just a matter of time before the parking ticket warriors invade your neighborhood for a parking ticket fund raiser, at your expense. Please be assured, they will not announce their visit in advance.
- When you get a parking ticket, always, without fail, take a picture of your vehicle in the parking space before you go on your angry way. You will have proof of the exact location where you parked your vehicle. Make sure you include in your picture an adjacent store, home or apartment so you can establish the address. A date/time photograph is a get out of parking ticket jail free card
- If you are issued a NYC parking ticket for a fire hydrant violation, do not, I repeat, do not move your car before taking a date/time photograph depicting the location of your vehicle; and the distance of your vehicle from the fire hydrant. Invest $3.00 in a tape measure and keep it in your glove compartment. You’ll be glad you did!
You are a member of an elite fighting group….the NYC driving public. Please share your parking ticket experiences. It benefits all of us. Park safely.
Drop us a note. We’d love to listen
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- Metes and Bounds Description of Place of Occurrence can be Beaten - January 15, 2018
- Client Success: I Beat a No Standing Parking Ticket - January 8, 2018
- Final Parking Ticket Quickie Quiz Challenge for 2017 - January 2, 2018