Status parking tickets refer to the condition of your car
When there is something wrong with your car, such as missing plates, expired inspection, registration stickers, or broken mirror, you can bet your bottom dollar that you’ll be issued a parking ticket. This category of parking ticket is referred to as status parking tickets because they are triggered by the status of your car, not the location.
Is there any way to beat these types of NYC violations?
YES! Here are some valuable tips to help you beat NYC parking tickets for vehicle specific violations.
Status parking ticket FAQ
1. My car is registered out-of-state, and is only required to display a REAR license plate. I was issued a parking ticket in NYC for improper display of a license plate. Can I beat this ticket?
- Absolutely. All vehicles registered in NY must display a front and rear license plate. If your state only requires you to display a rear plate, you win upon application
2. I received NYC parking tickets for improper display of license plates, registration, and inspection sticker. The warrior failed to state why these items were displayed improperly. Do I have a fighting chance to beat these parking tickets?
- Absolutely. If the warrior fails to explain “WHY” your license plate, registration or inspection sticker is improperly displayed, the ticket is defective. You win upon application. When you’re right-FIGHT
3. I received three (3) parking tickets today for expired registration. Is there any way to get these parking tickets dismissed?
- Absolutely. This is a rare instance when the gods of parking laws smile upon the driving public. You can only receive one “Status” parking ticket in a 24 hour period. The second and third tickets will be dismissed upon application
4. Here is a true story recently told to me by one of our clients regarding a NYC parking ticket for “missing equipment.”
Last night I had to drive out-of-town (to Albany) – when I got to my car (parked on a side street) there was a note on my windshield wiper . . . someone apologizing for have smashed off my drivers’ side mirror and giving me their number. Very thoughtful. Sure enough, my mirror was a bit smashed and hanging by wires. Next to the note was a parking ticket . . . for “missing equipment – driver’s side mirror”. You can’t make this stuff up!
You’ve probably heard worse, but I thought you’d find that amusing.”
5. How can I beat this parking ticket?
- The parking ticket gods are still smiling. There is a ray of light that will illuminate the path to victory. You parking ticket will be dismissed if you fix the broken or missing equipment within 24 hours of the parking summons.
- I was happy to learn that my client fixed it, fought it, and will win it!
Has this ever happened to you? Did you fight your parking ticket and win?[Larry’s note: (1) Many thanks to former parking ticket judge, Haskell Nussbaum for his terrific book, Beat that Parking Ticket, which is available on Amazon.com. I heartily recommend the book. It is chock full of valuable, useful information about the opaque world of NYC parking tickets]
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- Announcing Parking Ticket Legislation on the Agenda for 2018 - December 11, 2017
- Larry’s 5-Best Parking Ticket Tips to Learn and Remember - December 8, 2017
- Shocking How a Parking Rule Blunder Cost the Evil Empire Millions - November 20, 2017