Did you promise to reduce or eliminate your NYC parking ticket fines and penalties, as your number one New Year resolution for 2010?
If so, here is some valuable information to help you achieve your goals:
1. Major Leal Holidays
Stopping, standing and parking are permitted except in areas where stopping, standing and parking rules are in effect seven days a week (for example, “No Standing Anytime”). You do NOT have to feed the meters, and alternate side parking rules are SUSPENDED!
- Major Legal Holidays for 2010 are:
- Memorial Day-Monday, May 31, 2010
- Independence Day-Sunday, July 4, 2010
- Independence Day Observed-Monday, July 5, 2010
- Labor Day-Monday, September 6, 2010
- Thanksgiving Day-Thursday, November 25, 2010
- Christmas Day Observed-Friday, December 24, 2010
- Christmas Day-Saturday, December 25, 2010
- New Year’s Observed-Friday, December 31, 2010
2. A photograph taken properly and properly presented on your behalf is a “get-out-of parking-ticket-jail-free-card”
Please make one of your New Year’s Resolutions a promise when you have been issued an NYC parking ticket(s), never, ever leave your space until you take pictures to assist in your defense. For example, if your place of occurrence is misdescribed on your parking ticket, snap a few cell phone photographs of your vehicle parked in the space showing a building with the street address; or showing the vehicle with surrounding landmarks to clearly identify the location of your parking space.
If your defense involves a parking sign dispute, you are required to:
…Submit overlapping photographs of the entire block, corner to corner. Photographs are important evidence at your hearing, particularly when you plead ‘Not Guilty’ due to a missing sign. Photographs should clearly identify the street name and the building address stated on the summons. The photos should also show all signs on the block, including the front and back of any illegible ones. You may also submit additional evidence, such as diagrams, witness statements, maps, videos, etc.” [DOF web site]
3. Parking is now allowed at curb-cuts adjacent to certain T intersections
Please share your NYC parking ticket resolutions. We care about helping you keep them!
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- The Redesigned Truck Loading Only Sign Can Ambush your Car - April 22, 2019
- Alex Baldwin was Guilty of NYC Parking Space Rage - April 8, 2019
- ALERT: Bus Lane Cameras Pilot Program Cruising for Violators - March 27, 2019