Can you answer these NYC parking ticket questions with confidence?
- Are the mean streets in NYC a tow-away zone?
- Will a marshal look for my car if I have $200 in parking ticket judgments?
- Is there anything I can do about being stung by a brand, new, parking sign (I didn’t know about)?
- What is a “safety zone?”
- Is the bed of my passenger pick-up truck required to be capped to avoid NYC parking tickets?
You’ll find Answers to these questions and much more…
Knowledge of the parking laws and rules are very important to acquire if you’re going to park on the mean curbs of New York City. Here are five tips to help you in your learning. Please don’t stop here. Learn as much as you can. For example:
- How long is a bus stop? (starts at the sign and extends in the direction of the arrow(s) until the next sign or the end of the block)
- How far must you park from a fire hydrant? (15 feet)
- What are the exceptions to the fire hydrant rule? (*)
- What’s the difference between parking and standing? (Gently click this link for the important answer)
- Can you park in front of a mid-block curb cut? (Yes, if there are no marked crosswalks, no traffic signs, and no traffic control devices)
Miles to go before we sleep.
(*) 4-08(e)(2) Hydrants.
Within fifteen feet of a fire hydrant, unless otherwise indicated by signs, or parking meters, except that during the period from sunrise to sunset if standing is not otherwise prohibited, the operator of a passenger car may stand the vehicle alongside a fire hydrant provided that the operator remains in the operator’s seat ready for immediate operation of the vehicle at all times and starts the motor of the car on hearing the approach of fire apparatus, and provided further, that the operator shall immediately remove the car from alongside the fire hydrant when instructed to do so by any member of the police, fire, or other municipal department acting in his/her official capacity.
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- Bus Stop Parking Ticket Challenge - February 18, 2019
- Client Success: I Beat a Taxi Stand Parking Ticket NYC - January 28, 2019
- What Happens if I Park in Front of an Illegal Driveway in NYC? - December 24, 2018