On your marks, get set, go eliminate the pain of alternate side parking
Things are really heating up in the fight to end the pain of Alternate Side Parking. There is growing support among NYC Council Members for Intro. 113, Intro. 287, and Intro. 375. Intro. 375 is sponsored by City Council Member Ydanis A. Rodriguez, our vocal, passionate, advocate for the rights of the NYC driving public, which:
- Allows vehicles to park on the restricted side of a street which is subject to alternate side parking rules (hereinafter, “ASP”) without being ticketed if a driver is in the vehicle and able to move it upon request; or
- If the roadway has been swept on ASP day, return to your parking space
It is time to take action:
Put your head back, close your eyes, and visualize three months from now sitting in your car, freezing your tush off, finishing your third cup of Java, for one and one-half hours driving in circles, or illegally double parking waiting for ASP to end. You don’t have to subject yourself to this pain.
- Take three minutes and twenty-seven seconds now, download the petition below expressing your support for the new law, sign it, and send it today to your Council Member!
- Take four minutes and twelve seconds, call your Council Member, and shout your support for the Bills
- Check out the list below of Council Members who already support Intro. 375. If your Council Member’s name is not among this group, take five minutes, call him, and in a firm and friendly way, share with him that you and members of the NYC driving public support these Bills
Wow. Less than ten minutes and you took back control of your parking life. Nicely done.
NYC Council members supporting Intro. 375
Ydanis A. Rodriguez, Inez E. Dickens, Lewis A. Fidler, Vincent J. Gentile, Sara M. Gonzalez, Letitia James, G. Oliver Koppell, Darlene Mealy, Annabel Palma, Jumaane D. Williams, Helen D. Foster, David G. Greenfield, Albert Vann, Peter F. Vallone, Jr., Stephen T. Levin, Brad S. Lander, Melissa Mark-Viverito, Deborah L. Rose, Mathieu Eugene, Daniel J. Halloran III, Peter A. Koo
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- What Happens if I Park in Front of an Illegal Driveway in NYC? - December 24, 2018
- 7 NYC Parking Ticket Mistakes to Avoid and Save Money - December 10, 2018
- Should NYC Car Sharing Cars Share On-Street Parking Spaces? - July 30, 2018