An important customer question about a no standing parking ticket
Customers asked, ” I got a parking ticket while I was in my car, behind the wheel, dropping off a passenger in a no standing zone. Can I fight this parking ticket?”
The answer is, absolutely. Here’s what you do:
- Prepare an affidavit clearly stating the facts, sign the affidavit before a notary public
- Your passenger should prepare a certification clearly explaining where she was going, why you dropped her at the place of occurrence, and describe the building she was going to enter.
- Enter a “not guilty” plea and enclose a letter explaining your defense with supporting affidavit, witness certification, and exhibits
A member of the driving public recently asked (October 2017), “Do I prefer fighting a parking ticket online or by mail?” Check out this blog post for the answer.
Briefly, I now fight all my client’s tickets online (except appeals by mail) because the Evil Empire has made fighting a parking ticket online a breeze. They addressed many of my prior concerns, such as:
- Viewing Exhibits
- Uploading evidence you are confident will reach a judge
Experience something you’d like to share about defending yourself against a parking ticket for discharging a passenger in a no parking zone? All of us will benefit from your experiences.
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- The Redesigned Truck Loading Only Sign Can Ambush your Car - April 22, 2019
- Alex Baldwin was Guilty of NYC Parking Space Rage - April 8, 2019
- ALERT: Bus Lane Cameras Pilot Program Cruising for Violators - March 27, 2019