Larry Revisited the NYC Department of Finance online fighting platform
Once upon a time, a long time ago, Larry (that’s me) was issued a NYC parking ticket for failure to display a muni meter receipt. I decided to “take one for the team” and try out the Evil Empire’s online parking platform. The Evil Empire promised a speedy decision.
I wanted to find out whether speed trumped justice.
I fought my parking ticket submitting the same evidence that I used for a bunch of clients. I never lost a “failure to display” fight. Until I fought the fight online.
I recommended that members of the driving public avoid an online battle. Instead, we fought most of our fights by mail.
Fast forward to three weeks ago
Our client requested we fight his parking ticket online because he was actively engaged in launching a new restaurant, and didn’t have the time to mail his defense documents to the Evil Empire.
I prepared his defense certification and exhibits, and submitted them online.
1-2 weeks later…case dismissed.
Here’s a step-by-step guide about how to submit your parking ticket defense online
- Justice was served. I beat a parking ticket that absolutely should have been dismissed…and it was!
- Simple, easy-to-follow instructions
- The area to enter your defense certification can be formatted
- Slides containing screen grabs and photographs were easy to upload
- Speedy decision
- 5 mb limit for all uploads
I loved that we can click an icon and see our uploaded exhibit. The ease of operation is superb. Most importantly justice was served.
I’ve subsequently submitted three more defenses online.
I’ll keep you posted about the outcome.
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- Should NYC Car Sharing Cars Share On-Street Parking Spaces? - July 30, 2018
- A Common, Costly NYC Parking Ticket Mistake to Avoid - July 16, 2018
- Should NYC Employees be Permitted to Violate Parking Rules? - July 9, 2018