5 Unpaid parking tickets in judgment
The Evil Empire is serious about slaying scofflaws. Here are the numbers:
- There is reported to be $680M in unpaid parking fines since 2002
- The DOF is hiring more and more collection agencies, and crossing state lines to recover parking ticket fines and penalties
- The NYC DOF used to wait until $800 in overdue fines and penalties was incurred before sending the scofflaw to collection. The minimum has been eliminated
- Your vehicle registrations will be suspended if you have five (5)unpaid parking tickets in judgment in a twelve (12) month period
- Your vehicle registration will not be renewed if you have three (3) unpaid parking tickets in judgment in an 18 month period
Is it safe?
Probably not. But, there is such an enormous volume of outstanding parking tickets, sheer numbers may delay your capture. My advice is to make a timely decision to fight, reduce, or pay your parking ticket fines. Don’t challenge this lumbering, insatiable giant to find you and grab your dough. It is not worth the heartache.
Any stories? Has anyone had their registration suspended because of five (5) unpaid parking tickets? Please share your experiences. Your stories help all of us.
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- The “Dispute a Parking Ticket Online Tool” Renovated by the Evil Empire - May 21, 2018
- Do You Know About 3 Bold Changes in Parking Ticket Land? - May 14, 2018
- The Truth About Parking Ticket Refunds and Adjournments - April 16, 2018