from Monty Python’s, In Search of the Holy Grail
This is one of 127 proposals Mayor Bloomberg announced to make NYC more habitable by 2030 with more trees, less congestion, cleaner air, and better energy.
The charges would:
- Include any bridge or tunnel tolls people already pay
- Exempt drivers who bypass the business district on their way to another part of the city
- Exempt taxi drivers, and possible give discounts for people who live and work in the zone.
The quality of life vs. another tax on the privilege to drive and work in NYC. The battle lines are drawn. Where do you stand on the issue? CBS news interviewed one gentleman who said, “Next he’s going to charge us to cross the street.”
A New Parking Rule in Queens: A Little Confusing?
The Queens City Department of Transportation is changing the angle of parking lines on some of the wider, major thoroughfares to encourage the driving public to back into parking spaces. The thinking is, it is safer to back into parking spaces than to back out into traffic.
Albert Einstein said, “We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” I guess now the accidents will occur when we try to back into these cockamamie parking spaces, instead of when we exit them. Oh well….
Parking rule change in Williamsburg results in a blitz of parking tickets on the Jewish Sabbath
The police enforced a parking rule change that went into effect on 6:30 a.m. on Saturday, and issued 90 NYC parking tickets to the Jewish members of the driving public when they are not permitted to drive their car. After expressions of outrage by Williamsburg Hasidim, calmer heads prevailed and all the tickets were dismissed.
I am reminded of a quotation from Alice in Wonderland. The quote comes from a conversation between the crazy Cheshire Cat and Alice. The grinning Cheshire Cat is giving directions to Alice and tells her what sort of people live in each direction in the woods. Then he discloses very calmly:
“We’re all mad here”
Please leave a comment. Your opinion matters to us.
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- The “Dispute a Parking Ticket Online Tool” Renovated by the Evil Empire - May 21, 2018
- Do You Know About 3 Bold Changes in Parking Ticket Land? - May 14, 2018
- The Truth About Parking Ticket Refunds and Adjournments - April 16, 2018