NYC parking ticket survey insights
Thank you for sharing your parking ticket knowledge and experiences. They give me valuable insight into the areas that generate confusion. And, alert me to parking myths I should debunk.
- 36% of those surveyed said it is illegal to stop temporarily to drop-off a passenger to the curb in a No Parking zone. Wrong! Our goal is to teach our readers that you can.
- 40% of those surveyed said they have received a ticket for leaving their vehicle unattended while they walked Mom to the door. Yikes. Our goal is to teach our readers that you can never, ever leave your vehicle unattended while you walk Mom to the door.
- 27% of those surveyed said they received a ticket sitting in their car. Oh, boy. Our goal is to teach our readers you can never, ever sit in your car in a no stopping, no standing, or no parking zone.
What was most difficult NYC parking ticket to beat?
- 47% of those surveyed said…A Fire Hydrant parking ticket. An overwhelming first choice.
- 18% of those surveyed said…Bus stop parking ticket
- 17% of those surveyed said…Double parking ticket
- 17% of those surveyed said…Blocking the Box parking ticket
This tells me we have to make sure to show you how to avoid these parking tickets, and what defenses to raise if you’re issued one of these orange epistles.
See what happens when a guy lets his temper get the best of him
We have a lot of work to do to reach my goal of eliminating 10M NYC parking tickets. Sound crazy? Knowledge is power. Let’s go for it together!
Here is a FREE Guide about how to beat 3 NYC parking tickets (No email address required). It’s a start…only 96 more violation codes to go.
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- Should NYC Car Sharing Cars Share On-Street Parking Spaces? - July 30, 2018
- A Common, Costly NYC Parking Ticket Mistake to Avoid - July 16, 2018
- Should NYC Employees be Permitted to Violate Parking Rules? - July 9, 2018