Last Updated on January 8, 2018 by Lawrence Berezin
Or, a parking ticket warrior’s cash cow?
During the past couple of weeks, we have been relentlessly working on how to beat a parking ticket for bus stop and fire hydrant violations. We’ve added a pinch of knowledge about no stopping, no standing, and no parking zones.
Voilà, you are empowered to fight the Evil Empire, and keep your hard earned dough in your wallet.
Learning is relentless repetition
And knowledge is empowering. Are you ready to find out if you are an NYC parking ticket maven? Take a couple of minutes of your valuable time, and participate in this quiz. You’ll be glad you did.
This is an open website quiz. Please feel free to move on our website to find the answers you are seeking. Believe me, they are here.
- A bus stop zone ends at the next parking sign in the direction of the arrow; or if no parking sign, the end of the block. True or False?
- You can stop to drop-off a passenger to the curb in a No Stopping zone, as long as you complete your passenger drop-off within 2 minutes. True or False?
- “I stopped temporarily to drop off a passenger and her luggage to the curb” is a defense to what parking crime? (For example, a parking crime is a handicap parking violation)
- You can park in front of a fire hydrant at 12 noon if there is a licensed driver with the car keys in her possession sitting behind the wheel of your car ready to move upon request to do so. True or False?
- You can never, ever park within 15 feet of an NYC fire hydrant. True or False?
- A bus stop ends where you say it ends. True or False?
- Stopping temporarily is defined in the NYC parking rules as 2 minutes or less. True or False?
- In 1959, all of NYC was declared a tow away zone. True or False?
- You measure the distance from your car to the pump from the bumper of your car to the beginning of the fire hydrant. True or False?
- The fine for a bus stop or fire hydrant parking ticket is how much money?
I will post the correct answers (in my humble opinion) on Friday.
Please feel free to answer the quiz in the comments section of this Blog Post. The first NYC parking ticket maven to answer all the questions correctly will win $50.00. The decision of the judge (that’s me) is final. I can see the time your blog comment is posted. The first maven to post a comment with all the correct answers wins.In other words, the early maven catches the bucks.
If no maven answers all the questions correctly, the $50.00 will be awarded to the earliest parking ticket maven to post the correct answers.