Here’s how doctors and dentists can avoid NYC parking tickets
Has this ever happened to you? You have patients to treat at an NYC hospital. When you arrive at the hospital, you circle the block looking for a legal NYC parking space. 10 minutes later you are still circling the block to no avail. Finally, after another 10 minutes, you become exasperated, park in a questionable spot, and pray you return to your car without an NYC parking ticket. No luck. That parking space cost you $115. Is there any solution to this NYC parking challenge?
Here’s the doctor-Dentist parking rule
Frequently asked questions by our doctor and dentist clients
1. Can I park without fear of an NYC parking ticket at a sign that says, “No Stopping” or “No Standing?”
No. This rule only applies to signs that say “No Parking.” You cannot park where stopping or standing is prohibited
2. What if I am an NJ doctor, with NJ license plates containing “MD?”
According to the plain language, only a doctor or dentist with NY plates may take advantage of this rule. I suggest that any doctor or dentist with license plates identifying him as such may take advantage of this rule. Otherwise, any other interpretation leads to a ludicrous result. Unfortunately, we haven’t tested our theory; but would be willing to do so.
3. Which streets are “adjacent” to the hospital?
Please see the above diagram.
4. I don’t understand the last part of the rule permitting one-hour parking. Where, exactly can I park for one hour?
All other locations where you are actually attending to a patient, in the immediate vicinity; so long as “Stopping” or “Standing” is allowed. “Immediate vicinity” is not defined. I guess you should apply common sense. My only concern is, will the Parking Violation Bureau do likewise.
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- Client Success: I Beat a Taxi Stand Parking Ticket NYC - January 28, 2019
- What Happens if I Park in Front of an Illegal Driveway in NYC? - December 24, 2018
- 7 NYC Parking Ticket Mistakes to Avoid and Save Money - December 10, 2018