NYC parking tickets in judgment
In this terrible economy, it is difficult for all us us making ends meet. If you are unable to pay your parking tickets, and they lapse into judgment after 100 days, you may wish to apply for a NYC parking ticket payment plan.
“If you think your vehicle may become eligible for towing or any other enforcement action, a payment plan may give you a chance to pay down your debt while avoiding such enforcement action.” [NYC DOF]
Larry’s note: Some of this information has been updated by “newer” guidelines. Click on this link to read more…
- Your NYC parking ticket and camera violation judgment debt must be more than $350
- The owner of the vehicle has more than 40 days left in current registration. Once approved, the plan will last only as long as the current registration
- Applicant is the registered owner or owner’s court-appointed agent
- Vehicle has had proper insurance for more than 30 days
- Hearings on all outstanding judgments have been complete
- All prior payment plans, either current or defaulted, have been satisfied in full
Minimum down payments
- 50% for plans involving towed vehicles
- 35% for all other plans
Income verification requirements
You are required to submit the following documents in support of your application for a payment plan:
- A completed “Parking Violations Payment Plan Request Form”
- Valid government issued photo ID (Driver’s Lilcense/Passport/NYS Benefit Card)
- Proof of Income (for individual)
- W-2 for the last fiscal year, and two (2) pay stubs dated within the last 30 days or, if paid monthly, within the last 60 days
- If self-employed, 1099 and 1040 with Schedule C for last fiscal year
- If unemployed, retired or disabled, a NYS Unemployment, Public Assistance, Disability or or Social Security Award Letter
- If in the armed forces, military stipend within the last 60 days
- Proof of Income for Corporate/Partnership
- 1120/1120S income tax return for last fiscal year, or
- 1040 with Schedule C or Schedule K for last fiscal year AND NYS Filing Receipt and Certificate of Incorporation or Business Certificate
- Attach a copy of a bank statement, bank book and/or bank card
If your parking judgment debt is $10,000 or more, you are required to complete a credit application.
All outstanding judgments must be paid in full
Yikes! Do you get the impression the NYC DOF does NOT wish to approve payment plans? C’mon man, why make it so onerous to qualify?
Don’t forget, the underlying basis for approval is demonstrating “financial hardship.” So, if your parking ticket debt is $10,000 or more, you must complete a credit application. In other words, the NYC DOF expects you to pass a credit application to qualify for a payment plan? Ummm…
What do you think? Are these requirements reasonable? Or, just a way to say no? Your opinion matters. Please share it with us.
Here’s a FREE Download of the Payment Plan Application. Simply Click on the green button below…